Saturday, August 29, 2009

A little of this and a little of that ...

Four days of it!

Crocheting a Cardigan ...

Crochet Cardigan

Moving slow but sure.

Crocheting an Afghan ...

Wedding Afghan

Also slow but sure. I was going to use a new yarn being carried down at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn, but the color I needed wasn't there and I needed to start this right away. The wedding is in September and I didn't get much notice. So I'll use the Accent Worsted from SSFY another time. There's still no guarantee that I'll finish this one in time ... so it might be for Christmas instead for the newlyweds.

Knit a Bella Mitten with Paton's Icelandic Bulky Wool ...

Bella MItten

But haven't started the mate yet because ...

I've started another pair with Spud & Chloe Outer, a bulky wool & cotton blend for me ...

Bella Mittens

I guess you might be able to guess that I love this new yarn .... Spud & Chloe. Really?

The other pair will be completed and put in the Christmas basket for the grandchildren. I also have Paton's Icelandic Bulky Wool in a medium gray so I'm going to use it for another pair. This is a fast and easy pattern and I bet the girls will love 'em. But I'm also thinking of buying some Rowan Big Wool to make a pair for each of my sister in laws. Just thinking on it for now. Maybe I'll do a Christmas basket for them too ... and let them pick out something they like.

I'm getting all kinds of ideas from Debbie Bliss' new magazine too.

Debbie Bliss magazine

But mostly stuff for me rather than Christmas. I better not get off track.

I've been browsing some books too ...

new books

Mainly for creative ideas for finishing. I love 'em!

Then of course I've gotten a little closer to peeking behind my bed and catching a painful glimpse to what I've stashed there ...

Behind the bed

Keeping an eye of those MIA's that are haunting me ... like "spooks" calling out my name and whining, "finish me next ... finish me next".

No comments: