Thursday, May 01, 2008

Busy weekend coming up ... (Scratch that!)

Note: The full day on Saturday has been can canceled. I am SO disappointed.

But I hear that Kristin was sick. I bet the few people that I know who went to the Sheep Festival in Maryland will be happy about the fact that Kristin has been rescheduled for September. Stay tuned for date and time ... Fall will be sooooo busy around here!


I might not get back here until after Sunday. I've been knitting of course and will keep on knitting every chance I get. That's a given. My beginner's crochet class finishes up on Sunday afternoon, so I'll take pictures of everyone's progress if I can.

Can you believe I got my pair of sock for my April Sock A Month KAL done in 2 days? Well ... they're toddler socks. I used the Magic 28 Sock pattern. Great pattern too. The foot measures about 5 1/2 inches and I figure that's perfect for a 1 year old. So these socks might be for my great grandson, James. (unless he has big feet) He'll be one in September. I might make a few more pair. Used Cascade 220 wool so his toes will be warm for the Winter next year.

Magic 28 Toddler socks for April


I've also completed something else. Just started it last week. Remember Stitch Poet's "All Ruffled Up" by Champagne Maker? Well I'll just give you a peak, coz' it was on the blocking board last night. I'm wearing it right now, but I need to take pictures and then upload to Flickr.

All Ruffled Up

And I'll be busy all day Saturday 'coz Kristin Nicholas, author of Colorful Stitchery and Kristin Knits will be at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn. The book signing at 4:30 is free. But if you'd like to see the slide presentation and/or attend the workshop, give them a call at 978.744.5545.

I'll be there!

No comments: