Monday, May 12, 2008

NH Sheep & Wool Festival; Part II ...

Otherwise known as "The many faces of fiber."

First the DH and I met up with Sara the FabricNFiberFanatic ... Sara the FabricNFiberFanatic

Who was just as busy as I was at taking pictures all day. Altho, we both thought about getting a picture of the 2 of us together ... somehow it never happened. I think we were too busy, "Oh Sara, look at this! Feel that!!" and "Rhonda, come over here. Oh, my goodness look at that." LOL, we were like kids.

On our way to finding some sheep we stopped to watch a Border Collie demonstration. There were a few collies and each took a turn at showing us what they could do. It was interesting to watch how they could move sheep without a single bark and using just their eyes sometimes.

Border Collies at work

But we DID get some pictures of the real source of our fiber addiction ...

The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber
PDRM3808_edited
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber

Don't ask me which is which. They're all sheep to me. Ewes, Rams, and Lambs!

But of course there were Alpaca's there ...
The many faces of Fiber

I fell in love with their faces ...
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber

What stylish haircuts too ...
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber

The many faces of Fiber

And yes there were Llama also.
The many faces of Fiber

Altho, on the most part I think they're not as cute as the others. Heck, in fact I'm more intimadated by that underbite ... and wouldn't want to get too close to these guys. Scary eyes too.
The many faces of Fiber
The many faces of Fiber


Sara got to try out a wheel too and learn a little spinning ... Sara at the spinning wheel

And once again I was able to restrain myself and kept away from it. Afterall, the DH was standing right there and I didn't want him to have heart failure. Of course, he never thought about me wanting to take Alpaca home with me. (and you wouldn't tell on me would you?)

Okay, it's time to go home before I get into trouble ...

At the New Hampshire Sheep & Wool Festival 2008

Now where could I hide one in the backyard ... mmmmmm

No comments: