Saturday, January 01, 2011

10 Shawls in 2010 is complete.

I finished two of the shawls started last year just in time to be included and posted on the Ravelry Group. Only one shawl started last year didn't get done. But I did complete 21 shawls!!

[note: you need to be a Ravelry member in order to follow some of these links.]

BTW, this year it's called 11 Shawls in 2011 and I cast-on very early this morning for the 1st one for the new year. No moss going under my knitting needles so to speak, huh?


Here are the two for last year.

Project info
: Dragonfly Shawl
: Dragonfly Shawl by Kristin Omdahl
: Crochet
: 3.5 mm (E)

6 skeins = 900.0 yards (823.0m)
IMG_3932
IMG_3933
IMG_3931

Dragonfly will be perfect for my youngest sister who lives in Florida. Her eyes are the prettiest of blue and when she wears blue they look even more blue. I also think she would like the dragonfly design since she loves to garden. This means I have completed the first gift for next Christmas already!


And my last shawl? Here it is ...

Project info
: Boneyard Fall Garden Shawl
: Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West

I made one modification by putting on a leaf fringe along the edge. The fringe pattern is from the book Knitting on the Edge by Nicky Epstein on pg. 118.

IMG_3948

IMG_3950

IMG_3954

I've already decided that this one is for me. It's going to be a fun one to wear.
That's because it's an ego booster ... oh ya.

Not that I need my ego boosted or anything, but I do love the compliments.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both are sooo pretty! I love the leaf edging... it really makes the shawl pop! And I really want to make the Dragonfly shawl... maybe when I have time. (Yeah, right!)

Sara said...

Lovely shawls ... I'm thinking about the 11 in 2011...gonna read over the rules...

Louise said...

I was not impressed with the boneyard shawl until I saw what you did to it. The leaf edge is fantastic. I will just have to steal your mofification.

My only resolution for the new year is to try my hand with intarsia, get back into weaving and spin more.