Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Today's the Day to start my own Blog!

This won't look like much at first ... Not much time to write. But I thought it was about time I created my own little virtual blog world. Maybe I'll brag about my knitting, or my crocheting or even my other numerous needlework projects. Or maybe I'll brag about my grand children. All seventeen (17) of them! Do I have any vents or complaints? Not often. I'm a knitter and when I feel the urge to vent, I relax instead by picking up my needles and knit ... or crochet ... or sew ... or embroider or cross stitch ... there's many things to stitch out there. But it doesn't stop me completely from venting at times, LOL. So this might be a good place to do it from time to time.

I know, I'm a NUT!

Well the first thing to talk about it The Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics challenge. I'm a member of MIT's Stitch & Bitch and we're doing the challenge as a team.

As a member of the team I am going to knit the Andean Treasure Vest. It'll be the first time I've done Fair Isle knitting, so it'll certainly be a challenge to start and finish in 16 days. I received the yarn & pattern in the mail yesterday. Oh the yarns are yummy! Baby alpacha.... so nice to feel as you knit and even nicer to wear. I like wool also, but this yarn I'm using is luxury. So now it's only the swatching for gauge ... for practice or training in my case. I can't wait to get started! Pictures will go up as I work on this project and hopefully I'll finish it on time ... if I don't go crazy trying that is. When it's all over, I hope to have a picture of my finished project ... I bet it won't be blocked, but it'll be finished in construction.

Knit on girls & guys!!

4 comments:

Kara said...

Welcome to blogging! I found you looking up the tag knitting olympics on www.technorati.com

FemiKnitMafia said...

Welcome Rhonda. You finally gave into the blogeer pressure? Hooray!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

call me crazy!!!! hehe, thanks for the welcome.

Nadira said...

Yay, Rhonda!