Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A slight disconnect ...

I was gone for awhile because my laptop battery died. It died because it couldn't get a charge from the AC converter and I hadn't noticed until everything died. Another unexpected expense. *Sigh* But at least I didn't have to get a new computer right? So I'm looking on the bright side. And that's it for my hard luck story this time.

Do you know about Designs by Romi? Well if you don't ... she makes beautiful [and I mean really beautiful] shawl pins. Well there's a sale going on over there this week. Check it out! I have 3 of her pins myself. One is a swan for the Swan Lake Shawl a did a couple [few?] years ago.

I've been knitting and crocheting a little lately. But there's dust being kicked up lately also. That's right, I'm diving into the housework too. Right down to moving furniture, rugs and washing those curtains. A whole year & a half have gone by since I did any of this [before Bill's fall] and for goodness sakes ... housework doesn't do it self does it? I'm lucky I kept up on the laundry, meals and dishes. And now it's time ... or rather I have time ... to get this house in order. Once I got the Bella Mittens done and swooned over them. Oohed & aahed over them; and I really had too. I love these mittens so much; I'm even ready for snow now. My friends were even transformed into lovely exotica beings when they tried them on. I'm going to have to keep an eye on these mitts I think. Dare they go on display at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn?

IMG_0908

IMG_0912

I have a lot of work to do and I'm sitting and working on something every time I take a break. But as soon as I'm done with the Fall clean up, I'm promising myself that I'll put out at least 2 ... at least two ... WIP's that have been learking with the MIA's and get them finished. Call it part of my Fall Clean Up.

I'm going to get reconnected in more ways than one.

No comments: