Thursday, September 24, 2009

Multi-tasking is the name of my game.

Yarn of the Month knit up to 4" squares ...
washed and blocked [a quick blocking that is.].

Dream Big by SWTC Dream Big SWTC
2 sts/inch on US 15s
100% Superwash Wool
132 yards Color: 623

Karaoke by SWTC Karaoke by SWTC
4.5 sts/inch on US 7s
50% Soysilk, 50% Wool
110 yards Color: 314
*Love the way the color changes and the way the yarn knit up.

Therapi by SWTC Therapi hby SWTC
5 sts/inch on US 7s
50% Wool, 30% Bowlder (Jadeite) Fiber, 20% Silk
110 yards Color: 530

Alpaca Cotton by Rowan Alpaca Cotton by Rowan
4 sts/inch on US 8s
72% Alpaca, 28% Cotton
148 yards Color: 00403

*If you're allergic to mohair, this one is a great substitute. Produces the halo of mohair, but isn't. Still should be warm with the alpaca. I think this was my favorite in this month's selection. Created a beautiful drape after washing and blocking too.

Interesting yarn but I'm not rushing out to buy any yet. I've got a lot on my plate already. But who am I kidding? I cast on and crocheted up this scarf below in 2 days just after buying the yarn at my LYS Seed Stitch Fine Yarn ...

Double Bubble Scarf from Crochet in Color ...
using Spud & Chloe Sweater. [Gosh I LOVE this yarn] [Did I tell you that already?]

Double Bobble Scarf

Double Bobble Scarf Do I have enough scarves?

Apparently not ...

Splashy Flowers Scarf

And it's another crocheted piece. Just a temporary break from knitting?

But I do need to finish knitting this ...

Cable Vest

Have you had enough already? I'm a Stitching what??!

No comments: