Thursday, October 01, 2009

It's a wrap ...

Bleaklow Vest from Little Cake by Louisa Harding is done!

Louisa Harding Thistle

It'll be on display at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn for a little while. I'll take pictures of me wearing it once I pick out the shirt I would like to wear under it. I love this vest!!

Louisa Harding Thistle

And the yarn. Yummy yarn called Thistle. I had one skein left over also. So this Featherbed Beret by Louisa Harding from the same book will go with the vest too don't you think? Only 2 skeins so I bought another blue.

Featherbed

Another great knit from Louisa. I really love her patterns.

And what about my crocheting?

Crocheted Flower Scarf

The Splashy Flower Scarf from Crochet with Color by Kathy Merrick using Noro Silk Garden is done. I'll get better pictures when I'm wearing it to Community Knitting tonight. I wore it yesterday and got lots of compliments. Mmmmmmmm, this could become my favorite!

But now I need a rest from crochet. My hands demand it. It takes different muscles in my hands to knit so its off to ...


IMG_0987

Either the mindless knitting of a neck warmer called Ambitus ... or

IMG_0985

something a little more complicated and requiring some mind-control like a shawl from Wrapped in Comfort by Alison Jeppson Hyde which has caught my eye.

Can't have too many wraps can I?

No comments: