Thursday, August 05, 2010

Simplicity is good ...

and I really need it once in awhile. I love complex patterns in both knit and crochet. I love the challenge to my mind or my skills and the feeling of accomplishment when it's done. But now and again I have to have simple knit or simple crochet projects on the needles to work on and give my mind a rest. Besides ... it's a time for reflecting or meditating while still keeping my hands busy. AND ... quite often the end result can be rather pleasant, stylish and even something fun to wear.

Take my Boneyard Garden Path Shawl for instants. You'll find all the details [yarn, needles, pattern, etc.] on my Ravelry page, but here are a few pictures.

See? So simply, yet so stylish and practical. Got a lot of wonderful meditation done on this one too. And the colors were a pleasure to see happening as I knit.

Even crochet can have meditative qualities. Especially if most of the time you're counting to 7. This one only took me 2 days to make. I couldn't believe it myself!

Once again you can check out the detailed information about my Sprout Shawl on Ravelry.


So now it's on to something more challenging ...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Love the first shawl...It is beautiful. I have it in my favorites on Rav.

And, the second one is lovely...

So, what's the last project???