Thursday, October 21, 2010

Seems like only yesterday ...

that I gave you an update on what I've been making.

Oh ya, it was only yesterday wasn't it? But what I didn't show you is what has really been taking over my life the last few weeks. A good "take over" honestly. Well better than the work I've been doing in my flower bed. I've been getting two front flower beds cleaned up for the Winter and ready for the Spring show with bulbs and that sure feels more like a "take over" at the moment. But, you know how I've been loving shawls lately right? Well that hasn't changed ...

Here's the most satisfying knit I've done in a long long time. A love has developed and I call it "Waiting for Earl Waves in the Square Shawl". I loved knitting it the whole time but fell in LOVE when I took it off the blocking board and put it on. I usually love the knitting process much more than the final out come. Well I like the outcome on most of my knitting but what I mean is I have fallen in LOVE.

Take a look for yourself ...

Waves in the Square
Waves in the Square
Waves in the Square

And the pictures don't even do it justice. The yarn is gorgeous! Here are the details ...

Project info
: Waiting for Earl Waves in the Square Shawl
: Waves in the Square Shawl by Sivia Harding
Needle and yarn
US 5 - 3.75 mm
3 skeins = 1320.0 yards (1207.0m)
: Citrus
Waves in the Square

I made one modification. And that is I cast on using a provisional cast on and went back to pick up the stitches to knit a few more garter stitch rows and cast off with picots and beads so that it matched the bottom edge. See below.

Waves in the Square

Now I just hope I don't look too much like a big fat orange pumpkin.

Although, how appropriate for Salem, MA is that, huh?

6 comments:

old lady said...

You did an absolute AMAZING job! It's lovely! The blocking shows the detail so clearly. Wear it in the best of health and happiness!!

Jennifer said...

It looks stunning. I love the way it drapes.

Kathy said...

That is freaking gorgeous! You did such a nice job. And I looove the color! And you do not look like a pumpkin, you look like one classy lady!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What a GORGEOUS shawl! You did an awesome job on it!

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Thanks, ladies!! I really loved knitting this one too. The yarn made all the difference in the world but the pattern was so easy to follow also.

Pooch said...

Absolutely beautiful work on the shawl. Looks lovely on you--just in time for Halloween too!

:)