Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Has it been a week already? Two??

My how time flies when you're knitting up a storm or doing ... yard work!

Now that Summer is here if it isn't raining I'm mowing the lawn, edging, weeding, and trimming evergreens and hedges. It's never ending ...BUT, I do get some knitting in there. Even a little crochet!

So I finished a Red, White and Blue Garland for Seed Stitch's Fourth of July window display. I have it here in my living room before I took it down to Courtney.
They're crocheted and the details on Ravelry.

I also went to the baby shower and brought the gift I showed you last time. The Mom was delighted! Her reaction was well worth all the work put into it. But of course, us knitters love giving away our stuff anyway don't we? I know I do.



Her Mother-in-law told me that at this point the mother-to-be was trying to hold back the tears and said to her "Oh my, this is something really special."

This baby will probably get more knitty gifts from me I bet.

And then I finished the month up with another shawl ...

IMG_5049

Once again you should be on Ravelry and that's where you'll find the knitting details.

IMG_5044

IMG_5055

I'm still not quite sure if I'll keep it or give it as a gift.

IMG_5054

But there's plenty of time for me to decide.

And now that I see these pictures ... I see I really need a haircut!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, don't we all love appreciative people! Your shawl looks amazing, especially after blocking. Very nice!