Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Baby needs a blanket ... Updated

Modification made ...

Note: a few days after blocking the baby blanket the boarder started to curl again so I did a crochet crab stitch edge. I like it better and it gives the edge a little more weight.







A Slip Stitch Baby Blanket




Pattern:

Slip Stitch Blanket by Linda Medina Craft
Needle size used: US 7 - 4.5 mm

Yarn:
Cascade Yarns Pacific

How much?
3 skeins = 639.0 yards (584.3m)

Colorway: beige

and 1 skein each:
Yellow

Orange

Turquoise

Purchased at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn in Salem, Massachusetts


I was worried about the curling in the border at the beginning but DON’t worry, it does block out in the end. Although, the borders aren’t as nice & thick as the rest of the blanket so if I do this one again I think I’d double up on the yarn for the border and just drop the extra strand when continuing on the body of the blanket, reattach for the end borders.

It felt like it was taking me FOREVER to finish this blanket but it was very easy and has a nice feel to it.

Okay, I'm just an "Instant Gratification" kind of person and anything that takes more than 2 weeks to knit doesn't fall in that catagory of "instant".

But happy!

No comments: