Wednesday, December 20, 2006

I need to give myself a treat!


I'm down to the last pair of fingerless mitts. Wrapped up the pair I finished yesterday already, but one more pair for a grandson I'll see this Saturday. Already knit a pair for his brother. Since I won't take the time to take a picture when I complete these ... here's a picture of the ones I knit for MYSELF this Monday. Yup, I took some time to treat myself to a new pair knit from Terra yarn by the Fibre Company. Yummy hand dyed:

Terra 60% merino wool, 20% baby alpaca, 20% silk

And I'm going to leave you until after Christmas with some more pictures of our Holiday party with the New Hampshire grandchildren. First the kids on a 60 degree December day in our crazy New England weather, building a "fort" as they called it. And then there's the two teenagers, Brandi and Catelyn acting silly for my camera most of the time. [when they weren't knitting.] My lovely daughter with me in what might have been 10 tries to get a good picture. [the DH isn't use to my camera ... or is it because the subjects kept messing up, LOL]












And last, but not least, a Daddy and his little girl.

Now tell me that isn't a happy little girl! I think it was something I said, LOL.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, these fingerless gloves that you did for yourself look so yummy - and you definitely deserve them after the glove-marathon you did! How many pairs have you knit altogether now?
And thanks for sharing these lovely pics, it seems you had such a lot of fun together - I absolutely adore the pics of you with your daughter, how very cute!

Dove Knits said...

You definitely needed a treat after all that work!

Merry Christmas!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Merry Christmas! The pics are great, especially that happy little girl in the last one - she is so adorable!

Dorothy said...

You certainly deserve those mitts and in such a luxurious yarn. They must feel so nice.

Those are some great family pictures and you have a beautiful daughter and grandbaby.

Anonymous said...

MOM, You are so silly . I cant believe you put that pic up there I look so tired , or maybe it's because you made me do it over and over again ...lol . You really did great we all love our Fingerless gloves MINE are soo warm!! Want a good laugh I have tried a couple times to start knitting cant get out of Park LOL . Going to need a real good teacher 'MOMMY"

I love you Enjoy your time off .

Love HI