Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Only time for "Idiot socks"!

That's right. You know the ones. The yarn does all the pattern work for you. You just have to know how to cast on for the correct size ... knit the ribbing, knit stockinette stitch and know your sock sections. That's it. When you're on the leg you can just zone out as you knit, knit, knit, knit.

Just a little more thought goes into the heel but once you round the bend and get the decreases down to the foot, it's once again just knit, knit, knit ... until the toe decreasing.

Why the only brain work will come when you do the kitchener stitch to weave the toe together at the end. But you don't even need to do that if you do the decreases right down to just a few stitches and draw the yarn thru the loops and pull. But I need a square toe section so I'll make the extra effort to do the kitchener.

That's what I'm up to doing right now. Mindless knitting. Nothing serious because my brain just can't take it right now ...

Regia "Idiot" socks

And then I'm thinking ... well now's the time I should confess to my "other" obsession. A stash obsession. But I'm not talking about yarn stash. Not this time anyway ...

It's about BOOKS ...

PDRM4817_edited

PDRM4819_edited

PDRM4821_edited

PDRM4822_edited

PDRM4823_edited

PDRM4824_edited

PDRM4820_edited

PDRM4818_edited But why limit myself to just books ...

PDRM4825_edited

Well in all honesty, that's just the tip of the ice berg

AND ...

All the time I have at the moment to take pictures of
my dirty little secret.

[what do you mean ... you KNEW?]



No comments: