Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Time flies when life is going ...

Crazy!

Did you wonder what happened to me? After all this time? I've only been posting minor trivia stuff lately right? Nothing substantial. Nothing about what I've been up to. Not much in knitting. Only a hint of the ordeal going on behind the scenes. [Bill is now at another rehab -- one of the best that I could find -- and now only time will tell what God has in store for him ... and me too.] [Isn't it time for another waltz?]

That's right, I did tell you I was going to the Kaffe Fassette Lecture that Seed Stitch Fine Yarn was hosting. So I'll start there ...


Would you believe I forgot my camera? Sure did. Can't imagine where my head was at. BUT, I did finish the Grace Shawl from the Colourscape Collection. So I won't keep you waiting any longer to see the finished knit. Here it is ...

My Colourscape Grace Shawl

I finished it on the very day of the lecture and steamed blocked it. It was a very cool evening so it turned out to be the perfect thing to wear that night. I love this yarn so much that I have other projects planned as well. Why stop at just a blanket size shawl right?

So there's the Tainted Scarf ...
PDRM4599_edited

and the Ombre ...

PDRM4768_edited

And would you believe that it only took one skein? And the pattern called for TWO skeins which I bought ... so I made a second Ombre ...

PDRM4765_edited

That being said ... do you wonder if there was a skein left after knitting the Grace Shawl?
Sure ... ONE skein. So why not make an Ombre to go with my shawl?

PDRM4761_edited

Why I love this yarn so much ...

PDRM4751_edited

I've started the Valour Vest as well. This time in the colorway: Ghost.

Does any of this stop me from starting other projects? You know, like the Mystery Sock with Through the Loops? Mystery Sock

Or buying yarn and making plans for another Knit Poet design by Champagne Maker called the Undertow?
Ready for the Undertow Cape
Or ...

The Warm Palette Fingering Yarn Sampler Kit by Knit Picks ... PDRM4729_edited

Never mind the fact that I've started another scarf for the Beginner's Crochet Class I was teaching this Fall [last class was this past Sunday] ... Another Ripple Crocheted Scarf

Or the crocheted Stole from the book "Plus Size Crochet: Fashions that Fit & Flatter", I'm making for Seed Stitch Fine Yarn to put on display in the store ...
crochet stole

Yup it's Crochet!

And another crochet project is in the works for February. Only this one is for the Intermediate crocheter. Have you seen the Woodland Shawl on the Interweave Crochet magazine? I fell in love with it. I started it on Sunday afternoon and I'm about half done now. I'm using Mountain Colors in Wild Raspberry and Alpaca SOX in Granny Smith green.

Ooooooo, just wait 'til you see it. Don't even ask about the other stuff I've started ... 'coz I'm just not going there until next time!




No comments: