Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Little things add up ...

First it's a trivet and then it's a pot holder ...



But that's only a prototype. I had to make an bigger and better one right? So I made this one ...



One with a little more imbellishment. But could I stop there? Oh no, there are lots more to do with those crochet hooks. And plenty of left-over yarn to use up. Waste not; want not. That's right ... they're all crocheted too. I don't know what's gotten into me. So I decided to do another 3-dimensional trivet. Another hot pad ...


I've got to keep this one for my tea pot. I might even make a few for Christmas gifts though.  And about those shawls that have taken over my life lately ... Well I finished one for my Mom too.



Blocked and put away for Christmas. If it looks familar it's because it's the Stacy Shawl pattern from the book "Wendy Knits Lace". I love that book and especially this shawl.

But then I also love the simple shawl by Stephen West called the Boneyard Shawl. I finished this one 2 days ago and before you give me high praise for being a really fast knitter ... let me explain that I've been working on this all Summer. It was my "go to" project when I needed something simple to relax with or to knit on while talking to friends.




I wore it yesterday and love this one as much as the others too. So that's the picture story of my knitting life lately ... with crochet stepping in now and then.


(All details for all the above projects can be found on my Ravelry page)

Go ahead and make something!

No comments: