Thursday, September 25, 2008

Into ... Lace big time!

No doubt you're wondering about the Mystic Meadows Stole that I've been working on all Summer. Right? Did you think it's been hibernating? Well it isn't in a basket marinading at all. It's right on my dinning room table getting 2 to 4 rows knit on at a time sometimes. But last Saturday and Sunday I mainly knit on it to get somewhat caught up. [edited to add: And I accomplished more than usual simply because I listened to one of those books on CD's. Which one? Why The Lace Reader, of course!] Well ... I now actually have 4 pages of Charts left. At this rate tho, it's going to take me another 2 or 3 weeks to complete. Good thing I don't plan to put on a dinner party anytime soon.

Mystic Meadows stole


I'm trying really hard not to start another one until it's finished. Swatches don't count do they? So I signed up for two more lace knitting KALs and finally did some swatches. The Mystery Stole 4 KAL has already started and I'm feeling the pressure to get working on it ... especially since I've got the yarn, beads and swatched for needle size. Size 6 was used and I liked it. No need to do another one right.

Mystery Stole 4 Swatch
Mystery Stole 4 Swatch
Mystery Stole 4 Swatch

Yup, I like the flow of the fabric. So I'm itching to start.

Oh there's another KAL also. The Mystic Earth Stole. I've swatched on size 6 and size 5 Addi Lace needles. But I can hardly notice a difference. I might try size 4. This Colourmart Cashmere is a very fine lace weight. Light and airy. What do you think? Should I do another swatch?

Mystic Earth Swatchs

Mystic Earth Swatch

And I'm planning to knit more lace when these are done I guess ... because ... well, take a peek at what I got in the mail ...

Knitting Lace Triangles.


Guess I don't have ENOUGH to do yet, huh?

No comments: