Sunday, July 09, 2006

Just a quick note ...


I have to show you what my friend & co worker, Carol gave me at a WGSSI [Working Group on Support Staff Issues] workshop that we went to a few weeks back. I miss placed the pictures, but just found them again yesterday. Anywho ... here's the bag of goodies and my very favorite is the funny bookmark of what looks like ... can you tell? ... a sheep in a sheepdog suit. Yah, really!
Thanks, Carol !! [p.s. I hold him while I'm reading. So soft & comforting.]



About my previous posting ....


I need to provide some links and explanation to the sock I posted Friday. LOL, Angie it was so funny when you asked about it because it's the one from ...



YOU!!
Dipsy Doodle from Austria. She posted it from a German pattern from this web site Fetzenmuster-Socks. I had asked about the unusual yarn and the pattern translation and this is what you said. [I hope you don't mind that I post your note?] Mine looks so different because I'm using a solid color yarn, Bernat and not that beautiful German handspun yarn that you used.

"Hi Rhonda, me again :) I searched the net a bit, but unfortunately couldn't find that sock pattern in English, so I translated it for you. But beware: These are the typical German knitting instructions, very "spartanic" to say the least! They won't give you instructions for all of the sock, just for the pattern itself, the rest is done as you want it or as you're used to from other socks. So, I cast on 64 st, depends on the size of your foot of course - just use the amount of stitches you'd cast on for normal socks - the pattern is a bit elastic. Then work the pattern on 4 or 3 or 2 needles, any way you're used to knitting socks with patterns. As for the heel, I used the instructions of the "Hedera" socks from Knitty.com for the heel as I like this version best, and afterwards continue working the pattern on the upper side of the socks (the side below is done in normal knit stitch) till you reach the desired length. The toes will be done "my way", I explained this in my last blog entry, but again you can use any toe-version you prefer. Oh well, German knitting instructions... They sure ask for experienced knitters, a novice would probably get nightmares with that. :) If you have any more questions concerning the pattern or the socks, please feel free to ask and I'll do my best to help you! Attached is the pattern, just work these rows up to the desired length. I hope I could help you a bit with this translation? Have a nice day!" ~Angie

Thanks Angie... I love the sock pattern & will keep you all posted. Anyone else wanting the pattern chart, go to the Fetzenmuster-Socks.

Happy knitting!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, LOL :) Well, these must be the aftermaths of my vacation, I'm still not completely here :) Actually, the pattern does look way different on your sock, perhaps because you're using a thicker yarn? I'm very curious to see how it'll turn out with the yarn you're using!

Anny said...

Heehee! Very funny ;0)