Monday, November 12, 2007

Another FO and ...

A contest! (I'll get to that later) *we have a winner, see below

I finished the Shibori-Esque Neck Wrap from Folk Style. I used Jo Sharp Alpaca Kid Lustre and just needled felted roving for the circles. I wanted to keep the design simple. It was hard to keep from doing more. Maybe you can tell. I was real tempted to make the circles look 3 dimensional ... but I held back. I'm done. This is it. It's going to be really warm on a cold windy day.
Shibori-Esque Neck Wrap

Shibori-Esque Neck Wrap

Oh and I decided it's about time I did another contest. Just a simple one. Well maybe not so simple. I needed some knitting that was easy and mindless. Something I can work on why I'm chatting away down at Community Knitting at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn. So I swatched. That's right, I hear the snickers from those who know me, but I was a good knitter and really did a swatch to check gauge before I began. It was spot on too. Here's a picture of the beginnings along side of my swatch. Just to prove it too you. That's a 4 inch square there.
PDRM2302_edited

I am using Rowan RYC Soft Tweed and size 8 & 10 needles for this project. But I'm not telling you what it is yet. So this is were the contest comes in ... the first to guess what I'm knitting ... wins a prize. Here's the prize:
PDRM2378_edited

And here's a hint... I'm using about 18 balls of the Rowan RYC Soft Tweed.

I know that's not much to go on,

so here's another picture of my progress so far ...
mindless knitting

You're not muttering under your breath are you?
You know what it is right? No? Sure you do.
But I'll give you another hint.
It's NOT an afghan!

Note: The Einstein Coat is correct. I knew someone would guess but didn't think it was going to be so fast. Miss T and Mom's Knitting were so close ... by only 3 minutes, that I've decided to send Sarah a ball of sock yarn also ... Happy knitting everyone!
PDRM1181

No comments: