Tuesday, December 02, 2008

And then there were two ...

Mittens!

Dressy mittens. I LOVE these mittens!! I'm going to make more. But maybe I'll try knitting them in the round and kitchener the fingertip end. Would be easy enough to convert this pattern and save on the process of sewing up the side seam. I could even do a 3 needle bind-off on the end if I wanted to. In fact, I did on these. Then I sewed down the side.

Elsie Embelished Mittens

At any rate ... these mittens are so nice on the hands and you can feel through them. Which makes it nice to pick up stuff etc. Pretty color too. Looks blue to me in these pictures ... but they're really PURPLE.

Elsie Embelished Mittens

What's left over

They took only one ball of yarn and there was only a tad bit left that you see me holding in my hand. That’s for a Medium size mitten. If you have large hands you will need two balls of Kimono Angora Pure. But it’s worth it. These are wonderful feeling “dressy” mittens!

Trim is done with left-over Louisa Harding Thalia ribbon yarn … in the yellow & purple



Project info
: Embelished Mittens
Elsie Mittens by Louisa Harding
: medium
Needle and yarn
Needles used:
US 4 / 3.5 mm
US 6 / 4.0 mm
US 8 / 5.0 mm
: Louisa Harding Kimono Angora Pure
1 skeins = 125.0 yards (114.3m)
: purple #7
Purple

Elsie Embelished Mittens

But of course they're for "dress up" ... so I won't be wearing them in the Winter winds on the canal waiting for my train. But there will be a time I want something a little dressier than my felted red & brown mitts.

Just have to make me some.

These are of course for someone else ...

Now I just wonder who?

No comments: