Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Put your Hat on this Winter ...

Because it looks like we'll have a "White Christmas" and a very cold Winter this year.

My intuitive knitting gene helped me to produce some finished MIA's ....

IMG_0322

For a granddaughter perhaps?

IMG_0325

Can't tell you the pattern because I started it last Spring and sort of made it up as I went along with left over yarns. This past weekend I simply finished it up with a ribbed brim. I kind of like it. Hope one of the grand daughters will also.

Then there was this crazy mishap of a hat. Came out too big but rather than ripping it, I felted it and then knitted on a ribbed brim. It's still a little loose. Wonder if someone could still make it work. Someone with a bigger head?

What to you think? Is it salvageable?
Other than needing a little shaving that is.

IMG_0346
IMG_0343
IMG_0341

Another one I made up as I went along ... that's why it took so long to finish. It's made up of Blue Sky Alpaca Chunky Dualtones (gray) and Cascade 220 (black).

But then I have also knit a Beret for myself. This one is a keeper ...

IMG_0303

Project info
La Chapeau Beret
: A Swell Shop
Needle and yarn
US 4 / 3.5 mm
US 6 / 4.0 mm
A Swell Yarn Shop DeKAY Duet
1 skeins = 360.0 yards (329.2m)
: Beau Monde
Oh I love, love this hat ...

IMG_0309

So let the North Wind blow, my head will be warm this Winter!

No comments: