Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Yarn of the Month Club ...

What did I get when I knit up the 4 x 4 inch swatches?

My blocking method was simply a soak in Eucalan, rolled in a towel and then pinned out flat to dry. No pressing or steaming afterward.

First yarn is Island Collection by Cestari
A lovely mix of 67% Cotton, 25% Wook, 8% Silk
[Rough while knitting with it but blocked to a soft touch and more even stitch definition. I can see knitting a sweater in this. It reminds me of Jo Sharp's yarn. I knit the Anya sweater with Jo Sharp's Silkroad Aran Tweed back in December 2006. This yarn reminds me of that sweater.]

5 sts/inch on US 7s. Each skein contains 250 yards and
this color is Coconut Shell.

Before blocking ...
Yarn of the Month

Washed and blocked ...
Island Collection by Cestari

Second yarn is Tempra by Linea Pura of Lana Grossa
56% Organic Corn, 44% Organic Cotton
[That's right, you read it correctly; CORN. Very soft and lovely to touch, but frankly I don't know what to knit with it. I would also have to change my needle to get gauge but it was really nice on my hands as I knit.]
5.5 sts/ inch on US 7s. Each skein contains 143 yards & this color is: # 004

Before blocking ...
Yarn of the Month

Washed and blocked ...
Tempra by Linea Pura of Lana Grossa

Third yarn is Colora by Lang.
55% Wool, 45% Acrylic [Looked like a Mohair content was in there but isn't. Would be nice in the right project that you would want a nice halo affect to it. A very rustic animal look to it don't you think? The individual bars in each stitch did seem to shrink when washed. Or is that just my eyes?]
3.5sts/ inch on US 10s. Each skein contains 137 yards & this color is: # 0088

Before blocking...
Yarn of the Month

Washed and blocked ...
Colora by Lang

Last of all ...
Forth yarn is Baby Fun by Steinbach Wolle.
90% Acrylic, 10% Polyamide [A very lovely feel for a baby. I would most defiantly use this for my next baby knit or crochet project. Lovely to touch and it blocked out so evenly and smooth. Considering the yardage per skein I would consider this a great buy if only I knew the price and where to buy it.]
5.75sts/ inch on US 4s. Each skein contains 383 yards & this color is: # 426.

Before blocking ...
Yarn of the Month

Washed and blocked ...
Baby Fun by Steinbach Wolle



Of these four I think the one I'd want to use the most is
the Baby Fun by Steinbach Wolle.

Now if I only knew where to buy it OR ...

had a baby to knit for.

I said a baby to knit FOR; not a Baby for ME!

Don't even joke about it.

No comments: