Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Moving right along in the Knit-mosphere...

I completed the pattern: Ragg Cape and Hat by Bernat Design Studio. [check out the link for the free pattern from Bernat]


ragg jacket

I'll show you how it fits tomorrow night after getting some pictures while I'm at Community Knitting. Here's the detailed specks for right now.

Needle and yarn
US 8 / 5.0 mm
US 10 / 6.0 mm
: Bernat Softee Chunky Solids & Marls
How much? 7 skeins = 1148.0 yards (1049.7m)
: grey ragg.
For acrylic yarn it wasn't too bad to knit with at all. [So now I know I'm not a yarn snob!! - Truth be known: I love most yarns. Just ask my Stash.] The pattern was fun to do. I might knit it again using another yarn if I love wearing this one. There's a new stock of yarn at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn from Kertzer called Accents. Although I need a chunky. I think it would be nice in this pattern for those lightly cooler Fall nights if I double it up to get a chunky weight. It contains 75% acrylic & 25% wool ... a denim color would be nice. Or a dark blue. Have to check out the colors & how much I'd need. Not that I don't have enough to do already ...

And look at what came in the mail from a sweet knitter friend on Ravelry for my granddaughter, Jayden.

gifts from a knitter to Jayden

buttons to go on a felted hat I'm going to put those buttons on a felted hat called Pixie-Doodle by Lisa Cruse ... and of course there'll be a few Cat In the Hat books included for her. She loves to be read too. Christmas planning ... which will be started soon.

Did I tell you this was from a knitter? A knitting angel of course. Well she also included a box of goodies for me. Me.

gifts from a knitter to ME

Gosh, I love my stitching friends!!

Now it's back to work on my projects in progress ...

lace hat

Start-a-tyt-ist is a disease right?

No comments: