Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hear my needles click ... knitknitknit.

Christmas is drawing nearer and I'm getting scared. Wish I could knit faster and lift the stress level from my shoulders. I think next year I'll start to knit for Christmas in MARCH ... APRIL ... MAY.

Finished and delivered ...

Bud's new coat

Project info
:
Buddy's Cabled Dog Sweater
: Cabled Dog Sweater by E. J. Slayton
Little Buddy [my sister Cindy's dog]
Needle and yarn
s
US 4 / 3.5 mm
US 6 / 4.0 mm
: Rowan Harris DK
4 skeins = 492.0 yards (449.9m)
: SH010 Pink

Bud's new coat

He's my sister, Cindy's dog. You look beautiful in your new sweater, Buddy!

Bud's new coat

Do you think he minds that it's pink? Nah. Because "real men" CAN wear pink right? And it matches the hat I made for my sister last year. She wears it all the time.
Do you remember it? Capitan


Then there's the Sampler Scarf from class that I finished along with my students ...

Sampler Scarf 2009

Project info
: Knit Sampler Scarf
: Sampler Scarf by Carol Elliot
[modified: seaman's ribbing instead of the heart.]
Needle and yarn
: US 9 / 5.5 mm
: Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran
5 skeins = 415.0 yards (379.5m)
: #33 dark teal

My Sampler Knit Scarf

Haven't decided on whether it's for me or one of NEXT year's Christmas gifts yet.

My Beginner Sock class finished their first sock also and learned both the Kitchener Stitch and the Russian Graft ... Kitchener stitch on sock toe

We voted for the Russian Graft as a nice enough toe finish. But I'm still working on my socks using ...
knitting socks from a scarf

Schoppel-Wolle Sockenklecks Edition Tausendschön [Scarf Yarn]
Might not finish until after Christmas.

But wait ...

I got other Christmas gifts done for the Grandchildren also.

Bella Mitts

A pair of Bella's Mittens done and another pair started ...

working on Bella's mitt

And finally a hat and pair of mittens for my grandson, Cody.

Nottingham Hat

Nottingham by Melissa Mall

IMG_1428

from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns

More to be finished or started. Mittens. The hats are done. But I want a few sizes in the mittens to be tried on for fit. That's the trouble of not living close enough to get measurements on the sly. Well the ones left over will be donated so that's okay.

And we all know how much I love to knit right?

No comments: