Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer Knitting continues ...

And somehow ...
those little cotton shawls keep falling off the needles!

Especially these two quick little freebie pattern numbers from Cascade Yarns ...

First there was the
Miami Beach Shawl by Vera Sanon using almost 2 skeins (left over from other projects so it was closer to 1.5 skeins) of  Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima
Miami Beach IMG_7762 Miami Beach IMG_7743

I just made the adjustments needed to finish with less yarn. Still a nice size though!
And the second one to fall off my needles was the...
Rose Garden Shawl by Vera Sanon using two skeins of Cascade Yarns Ultra Pima of which I did have in my stash. I love this yarn!
IMG_7791 IMG_7799
Another light cotton shawl to wear during Summer cool evenings or in one of the over AC restaurants.
 
But then I couldn't resist signing up for a KAL called Mystic Fire could I? I have even already completed the first clue which came out this past Wednesday. There'll be 3 clues in all so I've made a promise to myself to only knit on WIPs until the next Mystic Fire clue comes out next Wednesday. So you'll be seeing some finished items from long-ago cast-ons ... right? 
Such as this one?

But there are over 2 dozen other projects on needles so ...
Now the real question is; "Which one do I finish first?"

No comments: