Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My stash is taking over ....

Picture Blogger is working, Yippy! So now I can post my stash for the whole world to see. Yicks!!

While I was working on one of the sweaters I'm presently knitting, I thought maybe I could show a small section of my Stash. The stash that is taking over every nook & cranny of my house that is. Some of it has been kind enough to stay in hiding, but others have jumped out where they can be seen.. And they're not sitting there in an orderly fashion either. This is getting so bad that I'm writing about it now so that it'll encourage me to do something about it this weekend. Sooo.......

This weekend is clean up and get organized weekend!

Yup, I have better places to hide some of this stash than next to my bed mind you. And the bookcases are getting out of control as well. Books are ending out on the floor next to my living room chair and on the kitchen table. I know I need another bookcase ... but that will only happen after I've organized every other bookcase to show that I really do need another bookcase. Who knows, I might find I have more room than I thought ... LOL, I DOUBT it, but I won't know until I do something about this "take over" right? But what I'm afraid of is that my DH will start telling me to get rid of some of my books ... not that he doesn't ALREADY say, "Hey, how about getting rid of some of this STUFF?" and he's looking right at the culprits taking over the living room. Some times I just pretend that I don't hear him. And other times I glare back with a dirty look ... but it's MY stuff and it stays right where it is. But sometimes he's right. [did I just say that?]

Besides, I'm thinking I just might have better luck at convincing my kids to come down for a cookout in May & then helping us put up a new ceiling, floor & walls with storage shelves in our basement office/sewing room. If I have the basement cleaned up, organized & ready for a "new beginning" ... well, my kids are good, wonderful, loving children and would help us anyways ... but I would be less embarrassed if everything was in order. I would just love to have it done by this summer!

I should take some before & after pictures of the basement. If the before pictures don't convince me to do it, nothing will. Ah, my inner soul wants so much to be organized ... until I see my yarn & needles sitting there waiting for me to pick them up and knit something to wear ... for anyone to wear ....

Hey this doesn't include what I have under the bed and in storage bins in the basement. Shhhh, don't tell anyone okay?

4 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

What's up with non-knitters telling us that we don't need any more yarn in our stash, or that we need to clean up our stuff?? LOL...sheesh, they just don't get it do they?

Can't wait to see the pics of your yarn!

Unknown said...

I want to see your stash baby - I am working up to taking photos of mine ( I know I have tooooo much! but I love it anyway). Good luck!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Wow...look at all that lovely yarn!

Anny said...

I think they're plotting a coup! Good idea to make the first strike this weekend! I wish you luck ;0)

I too am planning a basement reno this summer...but I don't think I'm brave enough for a before pic! LOL!!!