Tuesday, February 20, 2007

And let there be knitting ...

Started Poetry in Stitches page 136 cardigan! Go ahead take a peak to see which one sweater I'm doing and come on back. I haven't got much more than the hem done yet, so no pictures of my own work has been taken. Maybe by this next weekend. BTW, this sweater starts out on size 1 needles with a cast on of 305 stitches. Three Hundred and five!

I'll be knitting up with size 2 when the pattern is started after the hem. Go ahead and asked me if I swatched this baby? Go ahead. Well I'll tell you anyway ...

This might turn around and bite me in the butt, but no I didn't swatch. I don't have size 0 circs and I don't want to buy them either. I will use the size 1 & 2 needles I already have. Well lets say that I usually end out on the size needles a pattern calls for anyway ... so I'm taking my chances. [like I said ... it might bite me.] We'll see how wrong I might be on this one ... later!

BTW, have you read the Yarn Harlot's post over the weekend, Jan. 16 and her followup? I think we should all get together SOMEWHERE even if we can't make it to NYC for the KIT event. That's Community Knitting Night at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn ... so I'm hoping that we can all participate in whatever plan Stephanie picks out. Stay tuned! [it's been suggested to send knit hats, socks, scarves, mittens etc. to be donated to the homeless in and around NYC. I like that one!]

I went up to my daughters this weekend. Three grandchildren were there. Jayden had her sweater on that I knit her for Christmas, so I finally have a picture of her wearing it.

And of course I continued with my daughter's knitting lessons. Here's a picture of her first finished project also ...

[she wouldn't allow me to take a picture of her knitting. Well not yet anyway, hehe.]
Pretty in Pink for little JayD ... the Munchkin.

Congratulations, Heidi ... you're now a knitter!

And let there be more knitting ...

Another reason I've been quiet this weekend is because of all the other knitting I'm doing at the moment. I've either just finished or started something new. Here's a peek at a few ...

My felted mittens with knitted ribbed cuffs. See the cuffs on the inside? Here's a before picture also with them as mittens for a giant. Got the pattern from Knit One, Felt One as you see in the picture.


I finished my grandson's felted mitten for next year as well. They also have knitted cuffs, but on the outside.




And I've got felted slippers for the Munchkin JayD, looking huge of course, but ready for the felting process to be complete. Drying right now with the intent to have some suede pieces sewn on the bottoms to keep her from slipping on the wood floors once she starts walking.

And look what I got ...
From the Etsy store of Aija's Zero Markers. Aren't they purrrr-ty?





And Here's some news for the men who want to learn to knit. Take a class for Men ONLY at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn. [in the North Shore Sunday News, 1/26/2007] .

The more knitters in the world, the merrier!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute stitch markers. Love the men only knitting night. Are there many around?

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I don't know of any other place around here with knitting just for men. But it's really well attended at this one. I think it's because #1 a man is teaching it to them and #2 they don't feel as intimidated as they would be around women.

One or two have finally shown up at Knitting Night ... so they're getting more confident in their knitting. Yay!

Kim said...

I just love Aija's stitch markers.

You've been busy! (As usual)

Anonymous said...

Still having problems with blog gerrrrrrr! Hence the anonymous bit.

Wow awesome cardigan there Rhonda, and on sock needle sizes too!

I admit that I'm on my first not so basic large project since I started re knitting in the Autumn.
It's a Rowan pattern and it's taking some time to get used to the wording, the patterns just don't have the same flow to them as the old ones I'm used to. So a bit of frogging gone on, and I am so in AWE of you tackling that cardigan!

Love Susan (Celadon Pool)

Dove Knits said...

My gosh, you've been busy! I just love your felted pictures. They are things of art! And the mitts seem so nice and warm. Congrats to your daughter for completing such a great project, and for having the cutest lil kid.

Anonymous said...

Awww, this sweater/cardi is going to be a real masterpiece, it's so very beautiful! I do hope that the fact that you didn't swatch won't be much of a problem - but hey, you'll manage that too, I'm sure about that!
How great that you had such a lovely time with your grandkids - your daughter's scarf looks great!

Bostonworkerbee said...

your granddaughter is CUTE!

crissy said...

oh i love the sweater pattern good luck on that it looks like a beautiful adventure .
love the stitch markers and thanks for the tip on the yarn harlot i left her a note said i would throw in a hat.
tell your daughter welcome to the wacky wonderful obssessive world of knitting once you pick up them there needles they will follow you around all your life LOL
and your grand daughter is so so cuteee
hum helps if i sign into my blog before i comment huh LOL

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Your granddaughter's sweater looks great on her! You've been right the busy girl haven't you, with all your knitting! You've done great with everything! Cute stitch markers!

clothesknit said...

cute stitch markers! and the sweater is gonna be divine!!!

Nadira said...

Give a holler if you end up needing size 0 circulars; I've got two pairs that I use for socks, but those are in my timeout bin, so I can lend for a while. Or were those 00s?

monica said...

I will be thinking of you as you cast on for the sweater. Living dangerously in deed. I always have to go up a needle size to get gauge for stranded knitting. I hope it works out well for you, I hate to swatch too, sometimes it bites me in the butt though. Love all the other knitted goodies too, and your granddaughter is adorable.

JulieLoves2Knit said...

Oh I love the sweater - it's beautiful - what a prize it will be! Good luck!
You have been busy - the mittens are great - I bet all the kids love them!!