Friday, February 02, 2007

Before the Weekend starts ...

I'll be felting this weekend.

Have several projects to be felted. Mittens, slippers, hearts and.and.and.
AND a plan for a contest I'm holding on Monday to Valentines Day. I will tell you about it then, so come back for the details along with a picture of the prize. (gee, I better pull this off now)

I finished ... or almost finished these felted mittens. Almost finished? Well, because I still MAY knit cuffs onto them. The yellow cotton waste yarn knitted around the cuff edge is to hold open stitches to be picked up for a ribbed cuff to help make the mittens nice and snug. They're for my 8 year old grandson. Well he'll be 9 by the time next Christmas comes around. And that's what I'm doing ... getting a head start on Christmas. But I figure the cuffs will help keep them on and warm while playing in the snow next Christmas. If we have any snow, that is!

And now I'm going to leave you with a picture of something I found to be very comical. While at the train station this week I had a little time, and a seat was available, so I sat for two minutes. The Boston North Station is under renovations and the work is coming along nicely by the way, but as I sat there I looked up. And what do I see on the ceiling?

Can you read that? Huh?

6 comments:

FemiKnitMafia said...

Hello? That's hilarious!!! I'll have to go find it.

Anonymous said...

LOL ;) That's hilarious indeed! ;)
And hey, I love your felted mittens, they look so yummily warm! Have a great weekend!

Sarah said...

I never would have known not to walk on the ceiling. Wow, someone got pain to design, make and install that baby. That cracks me up

Dove Knits said...

Well, you know, studies show that ceiling walking is associated with an elevated rate of bone fractures, concussions, eczema, and cancer. Because everything causes cancer. Even those adorable mittens, which should definitely not be worn while ceiling walking.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Do not walk on ceiling???!!! ROFL!! That is too funny!!!

Dorothy said...

Maybe they were expecting Spiderman?