Friday, February 09, 2007

Weekend plans ...


Well Gracie's squares are in the mail. I used Crystal Palace 100% cotton chenille. Used two variegated colorways and I just kept on knitting squares until the yarn was all gone. Funny that I couldn't get as many squares out of the blue as I did from the lighter color. But I sent 11 squares in all. Go check out Warming Grace to see if you can help also. Their goal is to give 20 blankets ... and they need more squares to do this. Use Soft Cotton or Wool. Five inch squares in any color.

Well over this weekend I'll be finishing up with the needle felting on the hearts I have left and taking a picture to post on Monday so the winner of the "Lucky Heart" contest will know what to pick from. I will continue to take any entries from people who want to "take a guess on how many hearts are in" Seed Stitch Fine Yarn store until Wednesday morning, February 14, at 8:00 am. Victoria will announce the winner of the store contest after Noon and I can then make my announcement after she does.

Hope it's YOU~!

I'm also starting a pair of felted mittens this weekend and finishing the felting on a pair of slippers for my Munchkin, Jayden.

But then ....

I'll be starting my next BIG project and that is this sweater from this book ...
Poetry in Stitches. I bought the Kit at Seed Stitch and I'm itching to get it started.


Oh look what I just got in the mail ...

more felting anyone?

Happy knitting!

7 comments:

FemiKnitMafia said...

Oh, I can't wait to see what you make from Poetry in Stitches!!! That book is so beautiful. Can I leaf through it sometime?

Anonymous said...

That's a great sweater - can't wait to see what you do with it! Good luck to you on the hearts contest!

clothesknit said...

that poetry in stitches book is divine. total eye candy. can't wait to see what you've selected!

monica said...

Can't wait to see what you pick to knit from the book. I love that book. The felted heart you sent to Susan is beuatiful. I am wanting to learn to needle felt.

Susan said...

poetry in stitches is a lovely book, I admit I did a lot of colour work about 20 years ago and might pass on it this time round.

My challenge is to have a go at lace.

Dove Knits said...

You are the busiest knitter, lady.

I love the little felted purse-hearts. So cute!

The sweater looks beautiful. Can't wait to see your version!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh - I'm *so* curious now to see which project you chose from "Poetry in stitches" - it's going to look absolutely awesome!