But that last idea doesn't hold water ... after all, I'm the StitchingNut right? Well maybe I can just stay away from any odd facts, right? Not that I know what they are mind you. My son always said, "You've got a boring life, Mom." Not that he really knew or even tempted to get to really know why I did what I did or why I enjoyed what I did ... but there are things he enjoyed or his father enjoyed ... such as watching SPORTS ... I found to be totally "boring" also. So a life that might be boring to one, might not be to another. Some people "don't get it" ... but I do and I'm NOT bored!
Okay, Sarah at "Mom's Knitting ... Again" tagged me and I'll jump right in this time before I forget or chicken out.
The Power of Seven.
So here goes...
1) Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog. (check!)
2) Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. (see below)
3) Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. (or rather, anybody who wants to join in can)
4) Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (done)
1) I was a crocheter for over 40 years. My Great-grandmother taught me when I was 10. But after crocheting NINE afghans for Christmas one year, I lost interest. Lost my mojo! And altho I was a crocheter I only knit for my son before he was born [3 items] because I just didn't like crochet on a boy and I had the feeling I was having a boy. Girls look cuter in crochet and boy's are more boyish in knits. So I taught myself from books to knit for him. I just didn't stick to it back then because I liked the way crocheting was faster. BTW, I passed my son's knit sweater & bonnet on to his first son and I hope he passes it on to his too. [depends on whether his mother bothered to save it.]
Well ... really I'd rather say ...
Oh and before I go ... don't forget
I'm giving a Needle Felting class at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn in Salem on
21 Front Street. Sunday, March 16 ... 1:00 to 4:00 pm.