Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Yes, St. Anthony comes through ...

And I thanked him from the bottom of my heart. The pin backs were found. The very moment I got back home I said to myself, "Now when was the last time I used the pin backs?" ... and I knew exactly where there were. With my felting supplies. The last time I had a class we cut out our creations and I gave everyone a pin back to make a brooch out of their work. So there they were in the first box I picked up from my supply drawer.

Wow, I'm so pleased!

**Added note here, I've included a quiz at the end ... something different. Love to cook? Well I love to eat!! Go check it out and take the test. **

So here's my first finished Juliet Scarf ...

Juliet Scarf

And I've already started another. M-m-m-m-m, which button should I use?

picking a button


picking a button
picking a button
picking a button

Do you want to see something that I just HAVE to knit? Of course I'm always thinking ahead. Sometimes too far ahead, but this is something for me. If it's a style that will look good on me that is. Here's what came in the latest delivery from A Swell Yarn Shop ... I'm in their DeKay Duet monthly club. Along with the yarn comes a pattern. And I couldn't be more thrilled with this month's. Looky here ...

A Swell Yarn Shop DeKAY Duet

And would you know that it has a very similar color in it to the Juliet Scarf and Knuck Gloves [but without the tattoo lettering] that I intended to knit for myself after Christmas gifts are done? Of course it wasn't planned ... now would I do that?

I swear these things just "happen"!


My result for The hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin' test...

Sous Chef 79%

79% accuracy!


Superb result! You must really know your veggies. Either you are already a chef, or perhaps you just love to cook. You seemed to do well with several of the more obscure vegetables. Most of the vegetables used in this test came straight from the garden. They were so much fresher than those that are shipped across the country. For more recipes and pictures feel free to check out my blog "straightfromthefarm.net".


Here's how you did compared to others...


Executive Chef


Sous Chef


Sauté Chef


Vegetable Chef


Fry Cook


Maître D'


Bus Boy


Wendy's Bun Toaster



Please visit my journal if you wish to check your answers.


Take The hey good lookin' whatcha got cookin' test
at HelloQuizzy

No comments: