Friday, November 14, 2008

The Year of the Scarf ...

See ... I finished another Christmas gift. For a grand daughter this time. Crocheted. Using left over Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. Left over from the Shoreline Cape I did. The pattern is the one I use in my beginner's crochet class. It comes in handy to crochet along with the class. I not only demonstrate the stitches but I also have a completed object when I'm done.

scarf for Jayden

And in one afternoon (last Sunday) I started and finished this little crocheted scarf.

Crocheted Lace Scarf

This is the One Skein Scarf by Denise Cozzitorto but I used 2 balls of Knit Picks Andean Silk only because of the yardage per ball. But this yarn is so soft. I used some left over pink & grey yarn to weave in the center stitches to give it a more 3-demenional look and color interest. I have 2 more of the Andean Silk so I just might make another. Or wait ... maybe I'll do Knucks gloves.

Wait ... I also did another Ruffled Up Scarf. The yarn is ONline Linie 194 Solo and I used 4 balls of it. I like it long. This is a silly and fun knit.

Ruffled Scarf

I don't have a clue on who might gift this to.

I'll just knit, knit, knit and will decide later.

No comments: