Saturday, June 13, 2009

A list of knits to do for the summer ...

Once again Skeins Her Way is having her "List Contest".

Some people need to list what they want to do in order to keep on track and complete everything [or most everything] they intended to do in a certain time frame. Well I do start out with the best of intentions ... but need I say, I'm a starter and I have way more going on than I can possibly finish.

But a List I shall make. I will only put on this list what I have already started. And any of you who follows my projects on Ravelry knows that list is ... well ... immense. So here's what I'd like to finish this Summer [or should I say in my life time?]

1. Knitted Lace Wedding Garter by Diane Willett which I have to finish because the shower I'm going to is July 5. I'm half way there now. This weekend I have to get back to it and at least complete the knitting itself. Well I intend to. I have to use my Mags. And then I need to block and sew and weave in ribbon. I have my work cut out for me there.

2. Finish the project from my left over mix of wool; my ‘scrap stash’ for my Mystery Knit Contest where you guess what I'm making with it. Now that is a must finish also. I promised to give a prize by 6/29 to whomever might guess correctly. Unfortunately no one has guessed correctly yet. But there's still time to put your comment in.

3. Finish the Ragg Cape by Bernat Design Studi0. Yup, I was becoming a 'Yarn Snob' so I've purchased some Acrylic Bernat yarn and knitting something for myself with it. I was afraid I was getting too 'high horse' on expense luxury yarns and had to put my life back in line with the stars. Get a little more 'down to earth'. Get real ... heck, I LOVE all kinds of yarn and acrylic has it's place as well. [and I guess I don't care who knows it, LOL.] Price is one of them of course but I do like the machine wash aspect of it also.

4. Finish the Pleated Wrap by Debbie Bliss and I really, really, really want to finish it before September. I want to be wearing it by the time I'm able to sit outside on a cool Summer night as a matter of fact. [so what's taking me so long?][don't answer that]

5. And to be honest with you, I have at least 5 pairs of socks started and I would like to get at least ONE pair done before the end of Summer. Doesn't matter which pair ... but I better stick to at least one of them if it's to happen. Okay .... the Out of this World Socks. It's just a basic rib pattern but I'm using Regia's Galazy and that makes it 'out of this world'.

So that's all I've got time for. I know it and must face the facts ...

Jayden at my house

There's just not enough time in a day!

No comments: