Monday, July 20, 2009

Behind the Knitting Scene ...

I Crochet.

Finally finished the Elegant Soft Crocheted Shawl; pattern called Elegant Mohair Shawl by Margaret Hubert from Plus Size Crochet.

Crochet Lace

I didn't use Mohair though. I used Rowan 4 Ply Soft; 7 skeins in Green. It's a pattern you could use whichever light weight yarn you want really. It makes a lovely lace shawl. I'll have a picture of me taken wearing it down at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn this Thursday so you can see the fit. I'll then leave the shawl there for awhile.

Crocheted Lace Shawl

In the mean time, I'm doing more crochet. This time a Sampler Crochet Scarf for a class I'm giving at SSFY in September. Once it's done I have to write it up too. So I have a lot of work to do.

I posted a package for a friend today but I can't show you a picture of what I put into the box until she gets it. She's a regular here and I don't want to give away the surprise but I MADE SOMETHING.

Do you wonder what it is?

No comments: