Sunday, July 26, 2009

Crocheting presently on top of my schedule.

As you know, I completed the Crocheted Lacy Shawl ...

Crochet Lace Shawl

Which is on display at Seed Stitch Fine Yarn if you want to get a good look at it. It consists of 2 rows that are done over and over again. Even a beginner can crochet this one. I'm happy to have it done and it came out even nicer with this yarn than I had expected; Rowan 4 Ply Soft in a very neutral green. What a nice drape. And warmer than it looks too.

But now I have also finished a Crocheted Sampler Scarf. I started out with a pattern called the Aran Sampler Scarf by Marlo D. Cairn. But I changed it up a lot and added a number of other stitch patterns after doing just a few from the original pattern. I used Spud & Chloe Sweater in the color vanilla. Very Aran Style don't you think? I did add some lace to the scarf also. I want to show beginner crocheters that after learning the basics stitches (ch, sc, hdc, dc & tr) that, just like in knitting, how you combine these stitches creates the patterns & designs. So here's some pictures ...

Crocheted Sampler Scarf

Crocheted Sampler Scarf

Cable Stitch

Arrow Stitch

Peacock Stitch

Boluin Fringe

Now it's on to a crocheted Belaro with the yarn left over from the scarf. [okay, I did have to buy more yarn to add too it ... but it'll look so nice with the scarf.]

I'm still knitting too. Honesty!

No comments: