Friday, August 04, 2006

Dipsey Doodle Socks ...


So many responded to my Dipsey Doodle Fetzenmuster-sock! Thanks for all the wonderfull comments. All this attention can really go to my head! But it sure feels good to read & hear all those nice compliments on what I love doing the most .... stitching ... knitting.

Now these are my last pictures and you don't have to comment. I just felt I needed to put up clearer pictures of my lovely orange feet. I used my better camera and if Blogger will let me, I'll post them now.

Then I'm off for a weekend of visiting with the new baby, Jayden to give her the Pinwheel sweater and Kate I knit for her. Teach my granddaughter, Samantha how to knit. And also teach knitting to her brother Cody, if he's there and not off working (he's age 8 & doesn't work much, lol) with his step-daddy.

Oh, I should give you some details on the yarn I used. I was putting it off because ....
well because it's the cheapest sock yarn I could find. I got it back when I learned to knit socks and the main reason I bought it was because of the COLOR ... it was orange. And the answer is always orange! So here it is: BERNAT Sox Nouveau, 60% Acrylic 40% Nylon/Plyamide. That's right ... couldn't have cost me more than $6.00 for 2 balls of it. But I can't remember. They don't have as much give as wool does, but they're comfortable and I was able to wear them even in 90 degree weather with sandles [sandles that need socks to keep them cutting into my feet, lol].
[They sure look different off my feet don't they?]

So now it's off to a beautiful weekend ...

And of course, I'll be knitting more socks!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

Sox look great.

aija said...

Hey, who cares how cheap it is if it looks great (and is orange!! my favorite... I think I'm going to only knit w/ orange yarn one month, soon anyway!) Still dig them a lot, very fun stitch pattern, looks dizzying.

Anonymous said...

To think that you were using a really cheap sock yarn for these amazing socks - now that's proof enough that it doesn't always have to be the most expensive yarn to make something look good, no? And I really love its color! By the way, I'm working hard on a special sock pattern right now - will post pics soon and hey, this time I even have an english translation for you ready! ;) You'll be dying to make them, I'm sure ;)
Have a wonderful weekend!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I've used Bernat Sox before on my first ever pair of sox and find it to be good.

Sounds like you chose your colour for the same reason I choose mine...because it's purple (well, orange for you)!

Have a great weekend!!

Rachel said...

You certainly have some beautiful socks too! I love the Dipsey Doodle pattern. I may have to try that one, but first I'll work on finishing up what I've already got . . .

Dorothy said...

Love them!