Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ever get lost in a really good article or book?

Okay ... I'm only here for a snippet of a blog post. Busy with the Sweet Sixteen party pictures. I'm putting them in a slide show for the granddaughter, but it's taking time because I HAVE to go to work too and there's no time to post it yet.

Also have a couple of pictures of the Munchkin wearing one of the bibs I knit for her. But no time yet to post it either.

And you're not going to believe this ... but on my way home last night ... instead of knitting on a sock, I was really really into reading a very, very interesting article. An article on the "Mathematics World Stage", which is part of the world that I work for at M.I.T. Well it was interesting because it was also about a few people that I know. People that I work for or with or just know about. Okay ... it was totally intriguing and ...

I missed my train stop!

One minute I heard "Swampscott" ... the stop before Salem. Then ...

"Beverly" .... the stop AFTER Salem. Oh dear, I mentioned my delimma to the conductor and he told me the next train going back to Salem was DIRECT to BOSTON. I had to wait at least another 40 minutes to Salem. Okay.... 35 minutes to have a drink and finish reading my article.

But I'll tell ya ... Beverly really does have a nice station. The Beverly Depot Restaurant & Saloon is right there. I stepped in and ordered a Margarita ... and it was pretty dam good!

So I caught the 5:56 train back to Salem and here's a picture ....
of the view I never (usually) get to see going home!

















I usually just "go with the flow"! *hiccup*

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Whew! I'm glad you made it home safe and sound.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Can't wait to see the pics! Glad you made it home alright...I wonder if you'd have been more alert if you were knitting instead? LOL!

Anonymous said...

Well, looks like you had a chance to visit the fabulous Beverly station and catch up on your reading! That's a happy accident!