Friday, April 27, 2007

Celebrating with knitting ...




I drew the names from out of over thirty six people that participated in the "Name My Tea Cozy" contest and here are the winners ...



1. Debbieknitter won the Vickie Howell book "New Knits on the Block." with emphasis on knitting what kids really want. She can try 'em out on her own kids, hehe.

2. Sue from MommySusieKnits won the murder mystery "Knit One Kill Two". The story takes place in Colorado and I was excited for her because for some reason I thought Cody was in Colorado, but now I realize it's in Wyoming. But hey, Colorado is just south of Wyoming. Right? At one point, I think the story's main character even takes a drive up to a ranch in Wyoming. Well, I think she'll enjoy the story anyway. [And BTW, the book came from Cynthia asking me to pass it along to someone who would enjoy it.]

3. Sara from FabricNFiberFanatic won the Circular Solution needle organizer. She says she could really use it too.

4. And last but not least, Dorothy from Knitting stuff and going on and on ... has won the few balls of cotton and ribbon yarn that I no longer need. And when I took a look at her blog to get her email address, what do I find? Yup, a cotton knit washcloth! I think she'll use up what I'm sending don't you think? Whoohoo!!


And now it's on to knitting ....

WARNING ........ this is a spoiler, so if you don't want to see the new sock yarn & pattern for Socks That Rock ... don't look any further!






Whoohoo ... my April STR club sock yarn & pattern came in! It's a brand NEW yarn for the Blue Moon ladies. Not only do I love the colors, but it is soooooo SOFT and luxcious. 89% superwash merino and 10% SILK ... that's right ... silk; and it is wonderful to knit with. I cast on the very next morning. I bet I'll have these done pretty quick.

Here's a close up ...
Yummy!!


Only the night before, I wound up my sock yarn I plan to knit up for the summer ... but it looks like the next one there will have to wait a tiny bit longer ....

I think this new one from Brooklyn Hanspun will have to be next, don't you? It'll make a great Summer sock!


Of course I have a few WIPs like this one too ...



And I do have every intention of finishing it before the leaves turn in the Fall.
Honestly!

No comments: