Sunday, August 03, 2008

SOS'08 Sock #4 completed ...

And I call it my Cherry Hill River of Tears Socks. I started out with the pattern Faceted Rib Socks by Charlene Schurch and Beth Parrott from the Little Box of Socks. But I started them while I was at the hospital and DH was in surgery ... so needless to say, I started the pattern wrong and hadn't noticed until I was about 3 inches into the cuff. Didn't want to frog and when I took a second look ... well I decided I kind of liked the pattern as is. Kind of looks like ripples in the water. From rain drops or tears. So I finished them as is and changed the name. Here they are:

#4 SOS08 sock - River of Tears
#4 SOS08 sock - River of Tears

Specs:
Needles: US 1½ / 2.5 mm
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome from my Stash
How much? 1 skeins = 480.0 yards (438.9m)
Colorway: Water
And the cuffs are 3 1/2 " (so I can wear them in the Summer)

#4 SOS08 sock - River of Tears

Now I need to get back to some comfort food and relax before knitting the next pair of socks. Or the vest I've started or the Mystic Meadows stole or ... Comfort Food

did you know that I'm one of "six kittens knitting mittens"?
[... that's Blackberry Ridge Mittens we're knitting.]

No comments: