Tuesday, April 11, 2006

If I'm sitting, I'm knitting ...

I was sitting and knitting a square for Warming Grace, when I looked up and glanced over at the picture of DH when he was only 18. The man of my dreams is in that picture ... sorry I didn't know him way back when, although I have the best of him now. Looks a little like "James Dean" doesn't he? LOL, but I'm sure some of you don't even know who that was! I also treasure the knitting tin sitting on my bookcase next to his picture. It belonged to my Grandmother Clark. The only one who knit. My Great-grandmother Brown crocheted and my other Grandmother Hendrickson was a pencil artist & decorator with paints ... all of which I do myself. Drawing not so much anymore, since stitching has taken over my life. I loved "hanging out" at different times with each of these women in my life as I was growing up. I miss them all! In fact, my sincere wish was to be as good a grandmother (NO -- a terrific grammy) as each of them were. They each brought something special into my life and the way I now reflect on it.

Well that was a nostalgic moment... back to knitting my socks. These are for the summer and I have one more to go! Boy, Grammy Clark would be so proud to know I knit these myself!

No comments: