Saturday, April 15, 2006

Tools of the trade ...

Okay, I was shopping online again. I bought what I've been wanting a long time ... Interchangeable Circular Bamboo Knitting Needle Set. I got it from WEBS and received it in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to put them to good use!

I have the Denise Interchangeable Circular Needle Set and they're nice for certain types of yarn and knitting, but I'm not crazy about plastic. Or maybe it's just that I don't like the slower speed I get from them. I use my set of Needlemaster on occasion also. When it has the right feel for the yarn that I'm using and it's right for the item that I'm knitting.

It may seem over indulgent to have so many sets of knitting needles BUT I think it's a matter of having CHOICES. It all depends on the project, the yarn and the feel of the
two together which determines which needle set is used. And then there's of course, the fact that I may (??) have more than one project on a set of needles at any one time. I then have a spare to start another project, right? And I may then continue to be productive. (??) As long as the WIP's don't sit too long on the needles, hey!

But for me, it's all about having the choice and I really do love the feel of wood/bamboo needles. Feels good in my hands and I love to knit with them. That's why I replaced most of my aluminun straight needles with bamboo already! But I don't have all of the sizes yet.

So my shopping may have to continue ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice set of needles! You won't get any arguments here - you must have a selection of different needles, just like an artist needs a selection of different brushes!

Anny said...

Oooh, nice! I've never seen those before. I too love the flexibility of my Denise's but don't really like the plastic. So I'm converting too. But I'm converting to addi turbos. I just love 'em!