Friday, April 14, 2006

Warming Grace Update ...

I've completed some squares and they'll be off in the mail today. I made four in cotton from yarn donated by Gurukarm at MIT and then I made two from a Hot Pink wool I found in my own stash. Got the postcards yesterday [compliments of my DH ... doing his part he says.] So they're all set to go. [Posted ... see ya in Canada!]
On to other knitting ...
I started knitting a sheep to be felted & stuffed ... I just thought it was such a cute think to knit. But unfortunately ... I ran out of the Plymouth Galway Chunky wool. I had to place an order from Patternworks in the middle of the night. What would I do if it wasn't for the Internet? I'd be rich from all the money I'd save, I suppose, huh? Oh yah, I got the pattern and wool yarn from Patternworks. I had made a guess on how much yarn I would need. Guessed wrong! But only by a few yards. He's almost done with just 2 inside legs and seaming. So I bought enough to make a second ewe. Might as well as make a flock of 'em, huh? Got some grey Lopi to make a 3rd. I can only hope they felt up nice... ah yes, wool does like to be felt! Oh I think I better check to see if I have enough stuffing also ... don't want my sheep skinny ... back to shopping ...

3 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Oh my goodness...those sheep are going to be sooooo cute!!!!

Anny said...

Love the sheep. Plus, I have lots of leftover Lopi in just the right colours (light gray, cream, black and brown)!

But alas, I too have been doing too much late night yarn and knitting book shopping online as of late so I've decided to make a dent in the stash before getting more.

Fair enough...

Rhonda said...

Love the sheep. Have one of my own did it years ago. His name is Shorn. I've also felted a rabbit, teddy bear, and recently 5 count em' 5 hedgehogs. Have fun. Once you get started you can't stop.