Monday, June 23, 2008

Before a Summer of Socks begins ...

I finally took a picture of my latest Shape It! scarf that I finished last week ...

Shape It! scarf


I also finished Yoga/Dance Socks for a Christmas gift ...

Yoga Dance Socks from the Little Box of Socks

They're for someone who does yoga twice a week and it AIN'T me!

PDRM4163_edited

Yoga Dance Socks

And since they don't have toes and heels, they don't count toward the SOS2008 KAL, besides the fact that I started them before the "start date". So I finished just in time before SOS2008 began on Saturday!

Specs:
Needle - US 1 / 2.25 mm
Yarn - Knit Picks Dancing (1 skein)
Colorway - 23587
Pattern - Yoga/Dance Socks from The Little Box of Socks

THEN ...
I got my supplies together ... My Sock Project Stash

and planned what to start first. Hey, did I tell you about this? This little dog tag I purchased from knitcellaneous. So neat ... a Kitchener reminder to attach to your knitting bag!
Kitchener Reminder Tag

And then Saturday I cast on for Summer of Socks ... SOS2008 sock #2 SOS2008 sock #3 Slip-Stitch Cable Socks And you didn't think I was going to cast on for anything less than three different pairs of socks right? So I can have a change of pace when I need it right? They don't call me the StitchingNut for nothing!!

You may not see much of anything else for awhile other than socks or maybe a little lace perhaps ...
PDRM4115_edited

But I'll be reading my favorite blogs and occasionally take the time to comment. Something like "drive by" commenting perhaps. Rest assured, I'll be checking out what everybody else is doing also but trying to knit as many socks as I can before September 1st. Mind you, I may be missing in action in that case.

Okay it's time to go back to my sock knitting.

No comments: