Monday, June 23, 2008

Begosh, Begotta & Behold, I have socks!

My first pair of socks for Summer of Socks 2008 KAL have been finished!

Slip Stitch Cable Socks

Slip Stitch Cable Socks

Slip Stitch Cable Socks

Specs for my Strawberry Margarita Socks ...
Slip Stitch Cable Socks

Needle US 3 / 3.25 mm
Yarn Brooklyn Handspun Soft Spun Plus
How much? 1 skein = 375.0 yards (342.9m)
Colorway: Strawberry Margarita
Purchased at Brooklyn Handspun
Pattern: Slip-Stitch Cable Socks by Charlene Schurch and Beth Parrott from The Little Box of Socks.


Note: the cuffs are 6 inches long.


BTW, if you're wondering how I got a pair of socks done so fast remember, I have no kids at home and I can do what I want most of the time … so I just knit all day this past Saturday & Sunday. This won’t happen during the weekdays believe me, but I am working on a more simple style of socks during the week anyway. Then ... well there's always 2 or 3 on the needles. And you all know that I knit on the Commuter Rail too.

Also ... next week I'm on vacation. Timed that just right didn't I?


Now, back to knitting socks!

No comments: