Thursday, July 05, 2007

Win some, loose some ...

Went to see My Little Felt-tea Farm Tea Cozy at Marblehead's Festival of Arts. Yesterday was the last day for the art exhibits and I wanted to check out the competition, see if I won anything, and then take my cozy home when everything was over after 5. I didn't win anything ... nope, no ribbon ... but we had a good time looking at all the art; crafts, paintings, drawings and photographs. I really did want to look over the competition in order to make my plans for next year's entry also. I have an idea now of what I'm up against and plans are going on in my head for what I might do next year. It'll still be Needle Felted, but I'm working on the project idea.

So here's just a few pictures for you all to see. The guitar got the People's Choice and the Clock got Best of Show in the Craft division [which is what my tea cozy was in]. The guitar was gorgeous but my DH wasn't impressed with the clock. But then, he's not usually fond of the unusual [like me, tehe] anyway.


The only other needle felted project there were these cute little puppies ...
Lots of painting and drawings ...

And we walked around to see what else was going on. Nice walk before we had dinner at The Landing. M-m-m-m, I had wonderful crab cakes, yummy. Wish we could have walked around for a while longer but ...



Then we went back to pick up the tea cozy. While my DH and SIL went to get the car, I waited for the pick up time and talked with some really nice people. Hope I see one or two of them at the Seed Stitch sometime. Maybe in my needle felting class in the Fall?

In the meantime ...
let's see if I can get those plans from my head into Needle Art.

No comments: