Wednesday, May 23, 2007

I almost missed this one ...

"Freedom from Self-Improvement Day" was yesterday, May 15! And all week according to others. I also read about it on here. And also here and here and here ... frankly, I think it's a great idea!

BTW, this was brought to my attention by Jennifer. And it was quite the coincidence because I had just come across the piece of paper that I've been carrying with me for years now and had intended to share it with you today too.


And what better timing for this little film clip here: http://www.monday9am.tv/archive/play/48

Go ahead and take a look and come on back. Wasn't that nice?

I suppose you've notice a few of my favorite sayings and one of them being ... "Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."

I use to strive for perfection ... but not anymore!


I also copied a paragraph from a book that really hit home for me. I really love what it has to say. I carry it in my wallet. I take it out every once in awhile to read and today it's very appropriate I think. Trouble is, I don't remember which book I got it from ... it's been 12 years. [if you know, let me know so I can give credit to the author] I might even still have the book around somewhere in one of my bookcases so I'll have to look. I love what it has to say so ... I'm going to share it with you on this day, the

First Annual "Freedom from Self-Improvement Day/Week"

"We tend to hold on to things, including ideas. We are reluctant to give up ideas like who I am. Yet giving up some old ideas is essential to growing. I must learn how to let go of the static image of who I think I am. If I am to grow, I must get unhooked from my past. I must come to realize that I am the one and only me, a person in process -- always and forever learning, changing, growing. The only important reality is who I am right now. I am not who I used to be. I am not yet who I will be. And above all I must know this: I am who I am supposed to be, and I am fully equipped to do whatever it is I am supposed to be doing with my life."

So I say, "Happy Freedom from Self-Improvement" ... you are who you are meant to be!

Even a Stitchingnut.

No comments: