Tuesday, May 22, 2007

I've been Tagged TWICE!

Both Kim at Knits with a silent K and Darlene at Yarn Collectors Anonymous have Tagged me for the same thing ... Seven Random Things MeMe

Here is the meme:

Each person tagged gives 7 random facts about themselves. Those tagged need to write in their blogs 7 facts, as well as the rules of the game. You need to tag seven others and list their names on your blog. You have to leave those you plan on tagging a note in their comments so they know that they have been tagged and need to read your blog.

The 7 Facts:

1. I am the oldest of 8 children. Eight is enough is right! Six girls and two boys. The two boys came last and the youngest is 21 years younger than me. But listen to this ... my Mom is one of 7 children and the LAST 2 were boys. So that's 5 girls and 2 boys. See the pattern here, LOL? Thank goodness it skipped me!

2. My daughter tried to give the family tradition a try and had 4 girls before having her one boy. Now she also has 2 step-daughters and is adopting her grand daughter. This makes her family up of ... 7 girls and 1 boy. I guess I'm just a lucky "Grammy" because I adore them all!

3. I'm teaching as many of the grand kids as I can, how to knit.. Including any boy who wants to learn and my daughter. I believe that the more knitters we have the more likely we'll have World Peace some day.

4. I was a crocheter for 40 years and did everything including doilies. I did cross stitch for 30 years and the "quilter" in me kept trying to get out also. I even dabbled in embroidery & crewel. But I have been a knitter for only 2 1/2 years and started out with socks. They're like potato chips ... can't have just one.

5. I've been needle felting for only 5 months now, and have fallen in love with that also. I look forward to retiring, but have a new career all lined up already. It'll have something to do with knitting and needle felting. It'll include teaching too and I still won't have enough time to do everything I want to do.

6. In case you haven't noticed, I also love to garden. Flower power with veggies! Also love photography ... which has been in my life since I was 10 years old when I got a camera for Christmas that year. All the pictures my parents have after that for years & years were taken by me until one of my baby brothers took over when he got his first camera. I was 16 when the 1st brother was born and 21 when the last one was born. [I refused to take the 1st one out for walks 'coz he looked just like me. Remember I was only 16 but people commented how much my little boy looked like me. Good Gosh, I couldn't picture being married never mind having a baby back then.]

and last but not least ...

7. I think I have ASD ... Addictive Stitching Disorder

I won't be tagging anyone by name ... but if you've stopped by and haven't done this Meme yet, consider yourself tagged. tehe




No comments: